This yummy pizza is made entirely from vegetables! How can that be, you ask? The crust is made with spiralized potatoes and baked until perfectly crispy. Then, it's topped with this baby with kale pesto, basil, avocado, zucchini, and tomatoes. Feel free to make your own crust and top as desired. You can even experiment with sweet potatoes or other spiralized vegetables!
Spiralized Potato Crust Pizza With Kale Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust
- 1 medium white potato
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the Pesto:
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons walnuts
For the Topping:
- 1/2 zucchini, shaved with a peeler
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 4 basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spiralize your potato using the small noodle blade. Toss with coconut oil, almond flour, and flax seed meal.
- Heat up an oven-safe skillet/pan with a little bit of olive oil. Turn heat up to high and place your noodles in the pan, forming a circular shape and patting down with a spatula. Cover and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, blend pesto ingredients together. Put aside.
- Remove pan and place it in the oven, cooking for about 10 minutes until potato crust is solid enough to transfer to a baking sheet. It may not be crisp and firm enough, which is okay. It just needs to stay together so you can continue to cook it on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until almost crispy.
- Remove crust from oven. Turn up the temperature to 475°F. Spread pesto over crust. Place basil leaves on top of pesto and then top with tomato, zucchini, and avocado. Bake for about 5-10 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove pizza from oven. Drizzle with olive oil and a dash of salt, pepper, and oregano.