This flavorful, smoky bean stew is a wonder — made in one pot with pantry staples, and not to mention super delicious.
Spicy ‘Baked’ Beans [Vegan]
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 10 tablespoons tomato paste (1 6-ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans or use any beans you have on hand
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoon liquid smoke optional
In a large pot, heat some oil/water and sauté the onion, garlic, chili powder, and cayenne for 4-5 minutes.
Once fragrant, stir in the bell pepper, tomato paste, mustard, and broth. Incorporate well.
Then, mix in the beans and let simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes, covered, until the stew has thickened.
Season with salt & pepper, tahini, and sugar to taste. Add some liquid smoke if desired. Serve warm.
- Beans - All
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile