Fresh, delicious pasta for you and your loved ones to enjoy!
Spelt Farfalle With Cashew Rose Sauce [Vegan]
- Spelt Farfalle (or gluten free pasta if you prefer, follow the cooking instructions on the package)
- Fully ripe medium size tomatoes 3 (diced)
- Red pepper 1
- Sun dried tomatoes 1 cup diced (soaked for 15 minutes and rinsed)
- Cashews 1/2 cup (presoaked for 6 hours and rinsed)
- Water 1 cup
- Onion 1 minced
- Garlic 4 cloves minced (or more if you like)
- Fresh basil
- Shiitake mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Grape seed oil 1/4 cup (or oil of your choice)
- On the large frying pan, begin to sauté the onion first, add the garlic second and stir until translucent. Add the pepper with salt and stir thoroughly and lower the heat. Cover with lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When ready, add the tomatoes with sundried tomatoes, stir well and cover with lid. Let it simmer for 15 to 20 min while stirring occasionally. You may add little bit of water if need, but it depends on the tomatoes.
- In the meantime, blend the cashews with 1/4 cup of water in the blender until smooth. When tomato sauce is ready, take it off the heat and let it cool down for 5 min.
- After 5 minutes, transfer the sauce to a blender with the cashew cream and blend until smooth. You may add more water if needed. When ready, transfer the sauce into a pot and heat it up before serving.
- Mix well with pasta, mushrooms and basil and serve.