This vegan cake is super moist and super chocolatey, so be prepared for bliss. You'll have leftover cake and icing.
Special Dark Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Special Dark Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup vegan milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup cane sugar/brown sugar
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat/oat/almond flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa/cacao
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A wee bit of agave/maple syrup, if desired
- 1/4 cup tofu
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup raw powdered sugar
- 1/4 veg oil/vegan butter
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Vanilla seeds from 1 pod
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup agave/maple syrup
- 1/8-1/4 cup booze (I used maple whiskey)
- 1/2 bar melted dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa
How to Prepare Special Dark Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the cake, mix ingredients from first list together and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Sift in the rest of the ingredients and stir until smooth. Taste it to make sure it's to your liking.
- Pour evenly into two 9 inch cake pans lined with foil.
- The batter should be pretty shallow in both; that's because you're going to be making 4 layers.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While they're baking, make the icing. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- When done baking, let the cakes sit out in the pans for 10 minutes. Then take them out and use a giant cookie cutter (big circle) to cut out 4 cake circles - 2 from each cake.
- Put the bottom layer onto something you can easily transfer it with later. Then frost each layer and finally the top and sides. Hurraw!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.