This is no heavy, gluten-free pizza base, baby! An absolute cinch to make, and melt-in-your-mouth amazing, I haven’t bought a pizza base since.
Socca Pizza [Vegan]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup cold, filtered water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing)
- Tomato paste
- Dried Italian herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, etc)
- Red onion
- Capsicum/bell pepper
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Vegan Cheese (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (or slightly higher if your oven is not fan-forced).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together garbanzo bean flour and water until there are no lumps remaining. Stir in garlic and sea salt. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Grease 4 small, shallow dishes/tins with coconut oil.
- Pour mixture into dishes and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove dishes from oven, top with your favourite toppings and vegan cheese (optional) and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove dishes from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before removing pizzas from the dishes.
- Top pizzas with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!