These vegan Snickers bars are a real caramel, peanut butter, and chocolate dream come true. It starts with a caramel shortbread cookie base, which is then topped with peanuts, smoothed down with peanut butter, and doused in melty chocolate. The hardest part about making these bars is waiting for them to set in the fridge! Other than that – they are a total breeze and absolutely delicious.
Snickers Shortbread Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut blossom sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
For the Caramel:
- 3/4 cup coconut blossom sugar
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
For the Topping:
- 3 1/2 ounces vegan 70 percent dark chocolate
- To prepare the crust, preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well, then put it into a baking dish with parchment paper. Or just grease the dish with a little bit of coconut oil. Bake this for about 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of baking the crust, combine all the ingredients for the caramel layer in a saucepan over medium head. Bring the caramel ingredients to a slow boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 5-10 minutes. Pour the caramel over the baked crust. Allow it to set.
- Now, add a layer of peanuts on top of the caramel, then follow this by peanut butter. Melt the chocolate in a microwave and pour it all over. Let it cool in the refrigerator until serving.