Sugar snap peas are one of those vegetables I buy and then I’m not sure what to do with them, other than putting them in a stir-fry or just munching them raw. They are a cute little bunch of pods and they hold up really well to cooking, keeping their crunch. If you don’t have or don’t care for snap peas, you can make the same recipe with fresh green beans, asparagus, snow peas, or whatever vegetable you choose. I’ve made it several times already using different vegetables. The vinaigrette is great for any salad or even a warm potato salad. Yum! Bring this dish to your next cookout or pot luck get-together. My Snap Pea Salad with Almonds in an Herbed Vinaigrette will be very popular, so make a large batch. Enjoy!
Snap Pea Salad With Almonds in an Herbed Vinaigrette [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Snap Pea Salad With Almonds in an Herbed Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- Zest and juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 1 Tbs. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh snap peas, stems trimmed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
How to Prepare Snap Pea Salad With Almonds in an Herbed Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Whisk until everything is well combined. Add salt to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large pot, boil water and add some salt. Cook the snap peas for just a few minutes, until they turn bright green. Drain the peas and run them under cold water (or dip them in an ice bath) to stop the cooking.
- Transfer the snap peas to a bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle almonds on top. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 994 | Total Carbs: 62 g | Total Fat: 76 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 90 mg | Total Sugar: 17 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.