This isn’t your classic potato salad recipe. This is smoky barbecue potato salad with fresh crunchy veggies and the perfect amount of spice! Serve this at a barbecue, and it's sure to disappear long before all the veggie burgers do.
Smoky Barbecue Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 7 small yellow potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large jalapeño, small diced
- 1 large carrot, diced or grated
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup firm tofu, drained, pressed, and finely diced
- 1/2 cup vegan barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ teaspoon pepper
- A generous splash of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with a few inches of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water to slightly cool them.
- Add the potatoes and all remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasonings to preference.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. The dish keeps very well in the refrigerator for up to a week.