These easy sesame tofu skewers will be a hit at any backyard BBQ you bring them to. You can throw them on the grill or griddle pan and then enjoy with a spicy peanut butter dip. The grilled sesame compliments the subtle tofu perfectly and the spicy peanut dip gives the dish an extra kick of spice that makes these skewers a guaranteed favorite.
Sesame Tofu Skewers With Spicy Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tofu:
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu
- Sesame seeds
For the Marinade:
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons flour (gluten-free if needed)
For the Peanut Dip:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Start by squeezing the water out of your tofu. Cut the tofu into strips and put it into a tupperware container.
- Then mix together all marinade ingredients (make sure there are no lumps).
- Pour the marinade over the tofu in the tupperware container. Close the lid and shake it carefully so you don't break the tofu strips.
- Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes. The longer the more flavor the tofu will absorb.
- Cover a large plate with sesame seeds.
- Roll the tofu skewers in the sesame seeds so that the tofu is coated on all sides.
- Grill on a BBQ or griddle pan.
- To make the spicy peanut butter dip mix all peanut butter sauce ingredients in a bowl until you get a smooth texture. If you don't have smooth peanut butter at home you can also throw all ingredients into a blender, makes it even easier.