You may be skeptical of the idea of cooking pasta, its sauce, and all other ingredients in the same pot, but it’s so easy and equally flavorful as cooking the pasta and sauce separately! The dish features the classic combination of mushrooms and spinach in a creamy sauce. Once you've gotten this dish down, you can change up the pasta, sauce, and veggies in an infinite number of ways.
Sautéed Mushroom and Spinach One-Pot Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8.8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or spaghetti of choice
- 2 cups Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy/tamari sauce
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thyme, to taste
- Heat a large non-stick pan on the stove and add the sliced onions. Add some veggie broth so it doesn't burn.
- Add the garlic and rosemary. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add in the mushrooms and soy sauce, stir, and let cook until soft.
- Add the veggie broth, milk, spaghetti, nutritional yeast, and mustard. Cover the pan with the lid and bring to a boil.
- Stir it up once in a while so that the spaghetti won't stick.
- Once it's boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for 10-12 minutes (depending on how al dente/soft you want the pasta to be).
- 2 minutes before it's done, add in the chili flakes, lemon juice, and spinach. Continue cooking until it's done.