Sometimes life just calls for a little chocolate. And sometimes when there is no chocolate on -hand, you have to come up with an alternative, which may even involve making it yourself. And if you are going to go so far as to make it yourself, you may as well make it taste awesome and throw in some flavors and tastes, add some extra textures and truly make a fancy chocolate like no other.
Salted Chocolate Bark With Balsamic Ginger Figs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Salted Chocolate Bark With Balsamic Ginger Figs [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 3 figs, diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt to top
How to Prepare Salted Chocolate Bark With Balsamic Ginger Figs [Vegan]
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cacao in a pot over low heat. Stir to melt and then set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice figs and add figs, ginger and balsamic vinegar to a small pan.
- Heat until figs and ginger caramelize and turn sticky.
- Add figs to the pot with chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate onto a piece of baking paper on a baking tray and place in the fridge to harden.
- After the chocolate has started to harden, sprinkle with salt.
- Once completely hard, break into pieces and store in the fridge.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.