It doesn't get much simpler than this when you wanna prepare a wholesome, easy, delicious recipe for yourself. We've got oven-baked sweet potatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and garlic paired with a spinach salad, all topped off with tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and bell peppers.
Roasted Veggies With Buttery Garlic and Spinach Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Veggies With Buttery Garlic and Spinach Salad [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 1 cup baby potatoes
- 3 small eggplants
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- Juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Black pepper and sea salt (optional)
How to Prepare Roasted Veggies With Buttery Garlic and Spinach Salad [Vegan]
For the Veggies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your root veggies and dry them.
- Poke some holes in the sweet potato/yam. Then, slice the eggplants and rub them in a little coconut oil.
- Bake everything on a parchment paper-lined pan and bake for 30 minutes, then see how it's all doing.
- The little potatoes, eggplant, head of garlic, and sweet potato should be soft by this point, so I took everything out, but it will take longer to cook if you have a large sweet potato/yam.
- Throw the head of garlic into the oven– peel off the skin to get at the goodness once it's done baking.
For the Salad:
- Mix the greens with lime juice, maple syrup, black pepper, and salt (if using).
- Throw on the tomatoes and pepper, and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Pair this with all your baked treasures, and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.