It doesn't get much simpler than this when you wanna prepare a wholesome, easy, delicious recipe for yourself. We've got oven-baked sweet potatoes, potatoes, eggplant and garlic paired with a spinach salad, all topped off with tomatoes, sunflower seeds and bell peppers.
Roasted Veggies With Buttery Garlic and Spinach Salad [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 1 cup baby potatoes
- 3 small eggplants
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- Juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Black pepper and sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your root veggies and dry them.
- Poke some holes in the sweet potato/yam. Slice the eggplants and rub them in a little coconut oil.
- Bake everything on a parchment paper lined pans and bake for 30 minutes, then see how it's all doing. My little potatoes, eggplant, head of garlic and sweet potato were all soft by this point so I took everything out, but if you have a large sweet potato/yam it will take longer to cook. (And yes, I did simply throw a head of garlic into the oven and it ended up perfect. You just have to peel off the skin to get at the goodness once it's done baking.)
- Mix the greens with lime juice, maple syrup, black pepper and salt (if using).
- Throw on the tomatoes and pepper, and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Pair this with all your baked treasures and enjoy!