It doesn't get much simpler than this when you wanna prepare a wholesome, easy, delicious recipe for yourself. We've got oven-baked sweet potatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and garlic paired with a spinach salad, all topped off with tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and bell peppers.
Roasted Veggies With Buttery Garlic and Spinach Salad [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 1 cup baby potatoes
- 3 small eggplants
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- Juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Black pepper and sea salt (optional)
For the Veggies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your root veggies and dry them.
- Poke some holes in the sweet potato/yam. Then, slice the eggplants and rub them in a little coconut oil.
- Bake everything on a parchment paper-lined pan and bake for 30 minutes, then see how it's all doing.
- The little potatoes, eggplant, head of garlic, and sweet potato should be soft by this point, so I took everything out, but it will take longer to cook if you have a large sweet potato/yam.
- Throw the head of garlic into the oven– peel off the skin to get at the goodness once it's done baking.
For the Salad:
- Mix the greens with lime juice, maple syrup, black pepper, and salt (if using).
- Throw on the tomatoes and pepper, and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Pair this with all your baked treasures, and enjoy!