This dairy-free alfredo is not only creamy and decadent, but it is also slightly sweet from the roasted corn alfredo sauce and has a crunch from the bits of corn mixed in. Serve with plenty of red pepper flakes and fresh herbs!
Roasted Corn Alfredo Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Corn Alfredo Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 ears of raw corn or 1 1/2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pasta:
- 1 box gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 Portobello mushroom, diced
- 1/3 large white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Garnish:
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Any remaining roasted corn
How to Prepare Roasted Corn Alfredo Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- If preparing the corn at home: Preheat oven to 450°F and get a baking sheet ready. Remove the husks and silks from two ears of corn, then wrap each in parchment paper and then foil.* Place onto the baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to its packaging directions, then drain and set aside.
- Cool the corn, then cut off the kernels, being sure to reserve ~1/2 cup for mixing in later. Place all of the sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender and run until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and add them to a medium bowl along with the basil, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add in the vegetable broth. Once heated through, add in the onion, mushroom, garlic and balsamic vinegar. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked through.
- To the same pot, pour in the sweet corn sauce, cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients over low heat. Toss to coat the pasta and all it to warm through, mixing occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste
- To serve, plate the pasta and add desired amount of garnishes.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Calories: 500 | Carbs: 65g | Fat: 21g | Protein: 22g | Sugar: 13g | Sodium: 260mgNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.