Roasted cauliflower salad with hazelnuts – warm, earthy, slightly sweet, and nutty – this fall salad is absolutely fantastic and worthy of your holiday table. This roasted cauliflower salad is perfect for the Thanksgiving table – it’s festive, delicious, and easy to make – it doesn’t need much cooking, except for chopping up veggies. It’s hearty too, from all that fiber, but doesn’t pack too many calories.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Hazelnuts [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Hazelnuts [Vegan]
- 2 small heads of cauliflower yellow and purple, or substitute for 1 medium regular one
- 2 red onions
- 3 big portobello mushrooms
- 1 head of garlic separated into cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1-2 tablespoons truffle oil optional
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- A few pinches of salt
- 1/4 cup of toasted hazelnuts
How to Prepare Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Hazelnuts [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut onion in thick, moon-shaped slices. Separate garlic gloves but do not peel. Mix onions and garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, cover with foil.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and mix well. Spread on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Cut portobello mushrooms into thin slices, and arrange them on a roasting pan. Brush both sides with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cover with foil.
- Put all veggies in the oven. After 20 minutes, remove foil, and bake the mushrooms and onions 5-10 minutes more until they are well browned. Leave cauliflower in the oven for about 10 more minutes until it's nicely caramelized.
- Mix all veggies in a serving bowl, add more salt and pepper, drizzle with truffle oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.