Roasted cauliflower salad with hazelnuts – warm, earthy, slightly sweet, and nutty – this fall salad is absolutely fantastic and worthy of your holiday table. This roasted cauliflower salad is perfect for the Thanksgiving table – it’s festive, delicious, and easy to make – it doesn’t need much cooking, except for chopping up veggies. It’s hearty too, from all that fiber, but doesn’t pack too many calories.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Hazelnuts [Vegan]
- 2 small heads of cauliflower yellow and purple, or substitute for 1 medium regular one
- 2 red onions
- 3 big portobello mushrooms
- 1 head of garlic separated into cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1-2 tablespoons truffle oil optional
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- A few pinches of salt
- 1/4 cup of toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut onion in thick, moon-shaped slices. Separate garlic gloves but do not peel. Mix onions and garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, cover with foil.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and mix well. Spread on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Cut portobello mushrooms into thin slices, and arrange them on a roasting pan. Brush both sides with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cover with foil.
- Put all veggies in the oven. After 20 minutes, remove foil, and bake the mushrooms and onions 5-10 minutes more until they are well browned. Leave cauliflower in the oven for about 10 more minutes until it's nicely caramelized.
- Mix all veggies in a serving bowl, add more salt and pepper, drizzle with truffle oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.