This Roasted Cauliflower Buddha Bowl is a tasty and flavorful way to eat your veggies. It's full of healthy ingredients, like quinoa, kale, cauliflower, and broccoli, then topped with a delicious tahini sauce!
Roasted Cauliflower Buddha Bowl [Vegan]
For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of chilli flakes
For the Buddha Bowl:
- One big handful of kale
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to serve
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cups water + 1 veggie stock cube
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Tahini Sauce:
- .7 ounces tahini
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon water (to thin)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and turmeric to the bowl and mix well until all the florets are evenly coated. Place the cauliflower onto a lined baking tray and roast for around 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa well then drain, then add to a saucepan with the olive oil, salt and hot water. Crumble the stock cube into the water and cook for 20 mins (until it is soft and almost all the water has been absorbed), then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Fill another pan with water and season lightly with salt. Bring the pan to a boil over high heat. Submerge the kale and broccoli and cook for around 10 minutes, until tender. Drain then season with salt and lemon juice.
- To make the tahini dressing, add the tahini, lemon juice and maple syrup into a bowl or blender and mix/blend thoroughly until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in the water to thin and reach the desired consistency.
- Now assemble the bowl! To a bowl, add the quinoa, kale, broccoli, cauliflower and avocado. Top with some sesame seeds and the tahini dressing. Add more salt if required.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile