Can you believe that in just ten minutes or less, you can make this beautiful and vibrant salad? Rice noodles and zucchini ribbons set the base for a topping of bell peppers, strawberries, onions, and thyme. The tangy pineapple thyme dressing ties the whole dish together.
Rice Noodle Salad With Pineapple Thyme Dressing [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1/4 of 1 8.8-ounce packet of rice noodles
- 1/2 of 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and sliced by width
- 1/2 of 1 yellow bell pepper, cleaned and sliced by width
- 1 zucchini, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 spring onion, diced
- 1/2 of 1 lime
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- A pinch of salt
For the Dressing:
- 5-6 pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 stalks fresh thyme, stalk removed
- Water, to reach consistency
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a pinch of salt and the rice noodles.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes or however is indicated on the packet. Remove from heat, drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Clean, chop, dice, peel, and slice all the vegetables.
- In a blender, add the dressing ingredients and blend, adding water to reach desired consistency.
- Rinse the noodles once more before serving, to separate them and prevent from clumping together. Set onto a serving plate.
- Add the vegetables and squeeze the fresh lime all over.
- Pour the dressing over everything and finish with a sprig or two of fresh thyme.