These beautiful chocolates are made from silky chocolate filled with gooey date caramel that's infused with red wine – and they're super easy to make! These chocolates make for a great gift for friends or a special treat for your special someone.
Red Wine-Filled Chocolates [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 16 dates, chopped up
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place the dates and the red wine in a small saucepan. Warm the wine until it's just hot to the touch and then turn off heat. Allow the dates to soak for 20 minutes.
- Purée the dates together with the red wine until they're smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa powder. Allow the mix to cool.
- While the mix is cooling, temper to chocolate chips together with the coconut oil.
- Pour this mixture over the interior walls of the chocolate mold, coating every crevice. You may need to pour the chocolate back out and pour it in again to make sure all surfaces are covered. You will still have chocolate left over to pour over the bottom of the chocolates.
- Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Scoop the date-wine filling into a piping bag or a zip-seal bag. Cut the tip off and pipe the mixture into the prepared molds.
- Allow the filling to firm up a little bit in the refrigerator.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the bottom of the molds.
- Set them in the refrigerator to firm up before you eat them.