This Red Lentil and Tomato soup is very easy to make and has lots of flavor. Make a basic tomato soup and add red lentils. Top with coriander or parsley. Delicious!
Red Lentil Tomato Soup [Vegan]
- 6 large tomatoes (use any kind and roughly chop)
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- Salt and pepper
- Coriander to garnish
- Peel and dice the onion and lightly fry in olive oil. Add the chopped tomato.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on low heat until soft.
- Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper, tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Blend the tomato soup and return to the pot. Add your lentils and stir through.
- Simmer for a further 15 -20 minutes.
- Top with coriander to serve.
Adjust the quantity of vegetable stock if you like your soup thicker / thinner. You can freeze this one to enjoy later.