Looking for a sweet treat for your loved one this Valentine's Day? Why not try something new and make a switch from the red roses and chocolate molten cake? I've gotta fabulous naturally sweetened cocoa bread made with grapefruit and coconut that will wow your taste buds and keep 'em yearning for more. The best part? The Cocoa Hazelnut Frosting will dazzle your senses and have you making this every now and again instead of your classic store-bought Nutella.
Grapefruit Coconut Bread with Cocoa Hazelnut Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Grapefruit Coconut Bread with Cocoa Hazelnut Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flax seed with 6 tablespoons water, blended until the mixture is thick and creamy
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. grapefruit zest
- 3/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. warm water
- 1 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roasted
How to Prepare Grapefruit Coconut Bread with Cocoa Hazelnut Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well until combined.
- Add cacao nibs, coconut flakes, grapefruit zest and ground macadamia nuts. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove bread from oven, set aside to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with warm Cocoa Hazelnut Frosting (below).
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan; warm over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, mixing well until warm.
- Serve warm with a spoon to drizzle atop grapefruit coconut bread slices.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 355 | Carbs: 35 g | Fat: 12 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 44 mg | Sugar: 9 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.