I used to make a lot of dishes with Arborio rice, like risotto, or paella. There was just something so delicious and comforting about it when paired with the right ingredients. So satisfying and hearty. I have found a grain free way to create rice dishes that I enjoy just as much using celeriac instead of the starchy rice. The texture is slightly different, but I don't mind. It lends itself well to whichever flavor I pair it with and I always finish it off feeling satisfied and happy not heavy.
Raw Veggie Paella [Vegan]
- 1 large celeriac
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or regular tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers or sliced mini sweet peppers
- 1 cup shelled edamame or peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- In a food processor, combine the celeriac, garlic, sea salt, turmeric, smoked paprika and nutritional yeast, and pulse until everything is combined and the celeriac is chopped into the size of rice grains. Add 1/2 cup of the cherry tomatoes, and pulse a few times until chopped. Mix in all other ingredients, and serve at room temperature.