Just in time for the holidays, here's some wholesome buns for ya. As usual this delicious, easy, healthy treat is made from mostly nuts and fruit. Magical, ain't it? I know I say it, like, every day but I will never cease to be amazed and endlessly thankful that whole foods taste so damn good. Of course, it's not a coincidence. We have evolved to be attracted to foods that sustain us. That's why mangoes are perfect all by themselves. Try making these buns for the Christmas season (or whenever you please) and see if ya like 'em.
Raw Hot Cross Buns [Vegan]
7 Large Buns
Ingredients You Need for Raw Hot Cross Buns [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Water, as needed
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Water, as needed
How to Prepare Raw Hot Cross Buns [Vegan]
- Put the almonds and oats in a food processor and process until they become a rough flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – except the raisins – and add water as needed until it all begins to stick together. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Add the raisins in by hand and mix well.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet or dehydrator tray, then press them down slightly. Cut a cross on the top of each one.
- Put in the dehydrator (or your oven at its lowest temperature) for about 2 hours or until they hold together. Alternately, just leave them as-is!
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding water as needed to get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle on crosses on the buns and enjoy! (I sprinkled mine with more cinnamon.)
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.