Tzatziki is a Greek dip made of strained yogurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and sometimes dill. This raw vegan tzatziki has all of the refreshing creaminess of the traditional variety, but is dairy-free! It tastes amazing as a spread with pita bread or to keep your snacking fully raw, try the Raw Vegan Tzatziki as a dip with fresh veggies.
Raw Tzatziki [Vegan]
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 Persian cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons water
- Chop the cucumbers into small pieces. In a blender or food processor, combine the hemp seeds, tahini, minced garlic, lemon juice, and water. Blend or process until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the herbs and chopped cucumber. Serve immediately.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days.