For pumpkin lovers, this is our season to enjoy all of our favorite treats. Luckily there are plenty of ways to indulge in a healthy way! This vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe is unique as it’s made with entirely wholesome, whole food, plant-based ingredients. And the twist is – there's no pumpkin in it.
Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-free]
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 cups raw kabocha, cubed with the peel sliced off
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 7 large Medjool dates
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-free]
To Make the Filling:
- Place your soaked cashews in your blender along with lemon juice and maple syrup. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add in the squash and all the remaining ingredients except the coconut butter. Blend the mixture again.
- Pour in the melted coconut butter slowly with blender on low until it's completely incorporated.
- Set your filling aside
To Make the Crust:
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a sticky mass.
- Press this into a pie pan.
- Pour your filling over pie crust and refrigerate this for at least 8 hours to let it set. The longer it sits in the refrigerator the better it holds its shape when sliced.
- Drizzle any extra almond silk spread and a sprinkle of chocolate covered cacao nibs on top for decoration.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.