Raw Hot Chocolate [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 1-2h (soaking optional)
- 3 medium medjool dates , pitted (70g)
- 3 teaspoons cacao powder (5g)
- 1 pinch vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium strawberry
- (Optional) Soak the cashews in filtered water for 1-2 hours and drain.
- Add everything to the blender except for the strawberry.
- Blend until mix is smooth, and starting to warm up, around 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a big mug and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Drink immediately.
This recipe does come out quite thick and rich, so if you want something a little lighter, you can add more water and make two regular mugs of raw hot chocolate – one for you, and one for you someone you love. The strawberry is optional, but it does complement the chocolate flavour very well. If you have another fresh fruit you prefer in combination with chocolate (e.g. mango, blueberry, banana), you could always use that instead. To make this “hot” chocolate, just keep blending it at high speed until the outside of the jug feels warm. If it’s not too hot to touch, it should be about the right temperature.