A chocolate nut crust holds this creamy vegan chocolate mousse, drizzled with chocolate sauce. It's fluffy, thick, and smooth. The secret ingredient? You can't taste it, but avocado gives this vegan chocolate mousse it's whipped texture. While it may seem fancy, making the mousse is actually quite easy. Just blend all of the ingredients and refrigerate the mixtures separately until it's time to assemble. Let the raw chocolate mousse sit for a few hours or overnight and this recipe will be amazing for you and your loved ones to share.
Raw Chocolate Mousse [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao/cocoa
For the Mousse:
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons cacao/cocoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted (optional if you're using a chocolate bar)
- 3-4 tablespoons nut butter
- vegan milk, as needed (around 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dates/prunes
- 1 vegan chocolate bar, melted (i guess this is optional, but i recommend it!)
To Make the Crust:
- Put all ingredients in your food processor and process until the nuts are crumbs and everything kinda sticks together.
- press into the bottom of big cupcake molds lined with plastic wrap or tinfoil.
- put in the fridge.
To Make the Mousse:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth (you can do this in the food processor.)
- It should be pretty thick already, and it will set more in the fridge.
- spoon into each of the cupcake molds and stick it in the fridge for an hour or more.
To Make the Chocolate Sauce:
- Stir all ingredients together.
- take the mousse cups out of their molds and decorate on plates with whatever you like!
- drizzle on the sauce and serve.