Paired this delectable & juicy berry jam with a soft and delicate almond base, crunchy sliced almonds, and toasted coconut. The perfect breakfast bar!
Raspberry Almond Coconut Bars [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or coconuts sugar)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- Slurry: 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water
- Sliced almonds
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil, sugar, and maple syrup until smooth. Whisk in the extracts. Stir in the flour until a very thick batter has formed (it will be a very soft dough). Pour batter into the baking dish and spread in an even layer. Bake for 20 min. or until the edges have become golden brown. Completely cool before spreading on the jam.
- While crust is cooling, prepare the jam. To a small saucepan add the raspberries, lemon zest & juice, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Stirring frequently, bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in cornstarch slurry. Cook for another 5 minutes until thickened.
- Place a mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the jam over the strainer and using the back of a spoon, push out as much of the berry juices as you can to obtain a thick jam. Transfer the jam to a smaller bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes. The juices can be saved for later in other sweet dishes (see notes).
- Spread jam in an even layer over the crust. Sprinkle on a generous amount of sliced almonds and coconut. Bake for 15 minutes or until jam has formed a slight crust along the edges. Completely cool in the fridge before slicing into bars.