This rainbow quinoa and pear salad with walnuts, chives, and balsamic vinegar is a quick and flavorful protein-packed, plant-based side dish or grab and grub lunch.
Rainbow Quinoa and Pear Salad [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry rainbow quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 fresh pears diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the quinoa and place it in a saucepan with the vegetable broth. Bring the pot to a boil, turn the heat to simmer, cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Allow the quinoa to sit in the hot pan for an additional 5 minutes (or longer) so that it settles and gets fluffier.
- Transfer the quinoa to a medium salad bowl and toss it a bit to fluff it. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve hot or place the salad in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile