This quinoa tabbouleh salad is a flavor melting pot. It’s got super ripe mini cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers for crunch, and aromatic chopped parsley, mint, and green onions. The combination makes for a wonderfully flavorful and fresh salad. Don’t forget the dressing! All you need is some minced garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Quinoa Tabbouleh With Lemon Garlic Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large english hothouse cucumber, or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups diced)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
Bring quinoa, salt, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender about 15 minutes.
Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate to cool.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil until a smooth emulsion is formed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint, red onions, green onions and lemon zest to bowl with quinoa, stir to combine.
Gradually drizzle and toss quinoa tabbouleh with dressing. Season with salt and pepper as desired.