These quinoa plantain pancakes are super easy to prepare. Just one blender needed and with three key ingredients, plus some optional spices and rising agents! These pancakes are dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, super fluffy, and delicious!
Quinoa Plantain Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 ripe plantain (or large banana)
- 1 and 1/4 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for cooking
- Optional: 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Throw the uncooked quinoa seeds to the blender and blend for a few seconds until it turns into flour.
- Peel and chop the plantain and add it to the blender with non-dairy milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup (if using) and blend until smooth. You want the mixture to have a thick doughy consistency, but still be pourable. If it’s too thick, add a tiny splash of milk or water and blend again.
- Mix in the baking powder and vinegar (or lemon juice) and stir with a spatula or spoon to combine. Do not overmix!
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-low. Add about 1/4 cup of the batter to form a pancake. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on top.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve warm and enjoy!