This little dessert shooter embodies all things great about cooler weather in an easy to prep and easy to gobble down dessert. Purple sweet potato is boiled until tender, then puréed with creamy coconut milk, maple syrup, and warm spices that are perfect for fall. Impress your guests (and your taste tubs) with this colorful dessert at the end of the meal — and don't forget to top it with coconut whipped cream!
Purple Sweet Potato Mousse Shooters [Vegan]
- 1 large purple sweet potato, peeled
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated full-fat coconut milk (use the solid part) or coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Extra refrigerated full-fat coconut milk for coconut whipped topping (see notes)
- Cinnamon and nutmeg, to sprinkle
- Boil potato until tender and easy to poke with a fork, about 20-25 minutes. Place in blender or food processor and purée.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Place in four small shot glasses or small jars. Top with coconut whipped cream and sprinkle with added cinnamon and nutmeg.
To make a very small amount of coconut whip topping, add 2-3 tablespoons chilled coconut milk fat to a bowl and whip quickly with a fork. You may add a drop or two of vanilla, if desired.