Transform those traditional rice krispie treats into something more fun with these Pumpkin Spice Caramel Rice Krispie Treats! Made without any marshmallows or butter, brown rice krispies are layered with a homemade dairy-free caramel sauce for a simple yet delicious treat!
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Rice Krispie Treats [Vegan]
- 4 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan caramel sauce or caramel of choice
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the cereal, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. Stir until cereal is well incorporated.
- Add half of the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Cover with wax paper and press down firmly. Spread caramel sauce over top and distribute evenly. Press remaining cereal mixture over top, using wax paper to evenly press down firmly into the pan.
- Place pan in the fridge to set for an hour. Slice into 12 bars.