This is one of those vegan fall recipes that is going to be on repeat all October long! This vegan pumpkin bread is super moist and isn’t uber dense like a lot of gluten-free baking. The ingredients that you need are likely already in your pantry or fridge. This gluten-free pumpkin bread is one for the books.
Pumpkin Bread [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
For the Optional Toppings:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a 9" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 tbsp of flax meal to 3 tbsp of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until a yolky consistency has formed.
- Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly. Then combine the flax egg, molasses, milk, oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla to a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until it's just combined. Option to fold in any nuts or chocolate at this point.
- Add the loaf batter to the loaf pan and spread it out evenly. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Then turn the temperature down to 350ºF without opening the oven and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes. Until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is slightly crispy (not burnt though).
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for at least ten minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool before slicing.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container on the counter top.