Good luck trying to stop eating these caramelized puffed quinoa slices! They are super addictive and incredibly easy to whip up. The puffed quinoa exterior and pretzels add a delightful crunchiness and the rice syrup makes for the perfect combo of sweet and salty. Add a touch of vanilla and cinnamon for even more flavor.
Puffed Quinoa Slices [Vegan]
- 2 cups puffed quinoa
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup rice syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Chop the pretzels roughly, and put them aside in a bowl together with the puffed quinoa.
- Melt the butter in a pot over low heat. Add the syrup, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Remove off the heat, and add the baking soda. You will see that the mixture will start to bubble and thicken. Fold in the peanuts, and add the cinnamon and the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the quinoa and pretzels, and stir until well coated.
- Press the quinoa pretzel mixture in a loaf mold, and leave in the refrigerator to set for 2-3 hours. Serve.