This vegan slice melts in your mouth. My mom made the most incredible biscuit when I was growing up and the main ingredient was oats. Unfortunately, because of my intolerance to gluten, I can’t tolerate oats. So I decided to make my own version of my favorite biscuit gluten-free with this power biscuit bar/slice. Enjoy!
Apricot Biscuit Bar [Vegan]
10 bite slices
- 20 organic apricots dried
- 3 cups almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut shredded
- 3/4 cup coconut desiccated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I use 1 tablspoon as I LOVE vanilla, taste as you go)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 pinch’s celtic sea salt
- Process nuts and salt in food processor until coarsely ground
- Remove pips from dates and chop apricots ready to blend
- Add dates, apricots, vanilla, shredded coconut, desiccated coconut and water into almond mixture, blend well until mixture is combined
- Place ingredients into cake tin and press firmly
- Place in freezer until set 3-4hrs
- When ready to eat, take out of freezer let sit for 30 mins then cut into slice bites
- Ready to eat. Enjoy!
Soaking and dehydrating the almonds is an option, not a requirement; you can use raw nuts. If you choose to soak nuts, complete this process in bulk, so you have a good amount of nuts in your pantry for recipes and snacks, then your recipe process is quick and easy. Soak almonds over night. Rinse and drain. Dehydrate for 12 – 24 hours or until dry. Dehydration time will depend on how many nuts are in the dehydrator at one time.