Rich, fudgy, and topped with a delicious chocolate peppermint ganache, these vegan peppermint brownies are also grain-free and gluten-free! And while the brownies themselves are rich and fudgy bites of bliss, hands down the show stopper of this recipe is the chocolate peppermint ganache. Truthfully you could use any brownie recipe you wanted, then just layer the ganache on top and sprinkle on some crushed candy canes.
Peppermint Brownies With Ganache [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter substitute
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make the Peppermint Ganache:
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the vegan butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and flax eggs until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt and mix until no lumps remain. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While brownies are cooling, add the chocolate chips and coconut cream to a small pot. Heat oven medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Once brownies have cooled, spread ganache across the top evenly. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place brownies in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill. Remove and slice into 12 squares.