These Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are healthy, easy to make and will totally remind you of your favorite childhood snack, PB&J sandwich!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup jelly (grape or strawberry)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (melted if not already runny)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup natural applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 2/3 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 360°F and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Add gluten-free flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Melt peanut butter and butter.
- Add all wet ingredients except the jelly into the dry ingredients. (almond milk APV mixture, PB, butter, maple syrup, apple sauce)
- Mix really well and pour mixture into 7 muffin holes.
- Put the jelly into a plastic baggy and snip the end off to create a piping bag. stick the bag into each muffin about 3/4 the way down, start to squeeze and make circular motions as you pull up and finish with a swirl on top.
- Top each muffin with chopped peanuts and bake for 24 minutes.
- Let cool completely (at least 20 minutes) before gently removing them.
- Makes about 7 muffins.
- Store up to 2 days in a sealed container.
- Peanut Butter