In this recipe, ripe peaches are sliced and tossed in cinnamon sugar before being wrapped up in wontons and fried to crispy perfection. The peaches within are warm, sweet, and a little gooey. These fun little desserts pair perfectly with the cinnamon-spiced coconut whipped cream. These crispy and delicious peach wontons are great for parties, where they'll be the most unique dessert item on the menu!
Peach Wontons With Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan]
For the Peach Wontons:
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced/diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegan wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
To Make the Peach Wontons:
- Slice up the ripe peach and toss in a large bowl with flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie seasoning.
- Layout the wonton wrappers, drop about a tablespoon of sliced/diced peaches, and a tad bit of peach juice in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Using your finger or pastry brush, wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold one corner of the wrapper over to the other corner, and gently press down to seal edges. Make sure to seal edges thoroughly to avoid oil splattering.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Carefully slide wontons into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning as they fry. When they reach a lovely golden brown, remove from oil to a paper towel-lined pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with the coconut whipped cream.
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Throw all the ingredients in a mixer and blend until smooth.