Paella is a classic rice dish consisting of rice and a variety of savory vegetables! And this time, this classic is easily vegan! You must give it a try - for lunch, for dinner, for any meal with anyone!
- 1 3/4 cup brown rice
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 3/4 of a medium golden onion
- 3/4 of a red pepper
- 3/4 of a yellow pepper
- 1 medium long aubergine
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tomato
- a handful of green beans
- a handful of peas
- 1 handful of spanish beans
- 1 teaspoon of spicy paprika
- 3 sachets of saffron
- 1 tablespoon of parsley chopped
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- Soak the rice for at least 24 hours changing the water at least a couple of times.
- Prepare the vegetable broth.
- Cut the aubergine into slices, sprinkle with coarse salt, place in a colander with a plate and a weight on it and leave it for about an hour, then wash and dry.
- Chop thin garlic and onion and sauté in 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, add the paprika. Cut the peppers into cubes, keeping some whole strips for decoration and add them to the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for ten minutes with a little salt, then add the peeled tomato and remove the seeds, after cutting it into small cubes. Cook for 10 minutes then add the diced zucchini and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the diced eggplant and lightly brown it in two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the aubergine to the rest of the vegetables.
- Blanch the beans for 5 minutes separately, the peas for 5 minutes and eventually the beans for 3/4 minutes depending on the size (or replace them with the boiled beans)
- In the paellera, toast the rice, then add all the vegetables, the broth and the saffron dissolved in a little broth Five minutes before the end add the chopped parsley. Make the crust form on the bottom, if it does not form, slightly raise the flame, being careful not to let it burn. Turn off, remove from heat and let it rest before serving. Sprinkle with lemon before tasting it.