This overnight almond cheese is a breeze to make. Almonds, sunflower seeds, and herbs of your choice come together to make a delectable cheese that goes wonderfully with bread, crackers, fruit, and fruity jelly. You can even adjust the consistency, so go as creamy or firm as you'd like!
Overnight Almond Chive Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water plus more if needed
- Herbs of your choice
- Soak almonds and sunflower seeds for 2-3 hours in warm water. If you have a high-powered blender, soaking is not necessary.
- Add all ingredients except for herbs to the blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until a smooth, thick, and creamy consistency is established. You may need an additional 1-2 tablespoons of water to really get the blade going. Keep in mind that you do not want the outcome to be soupy. It needs to be thick so be careful not to add too much water.
- Scoop the almond mixture out of the blender jar and into a small bowl. Stir in your herbs of choice until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight. This allows the flavors to marinate together.
- The next day, prepare an oven safe dish, preferably a ramekin, by very lightly spraying with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Use a spatula to remove the cheese mixture from the bowl and drop it into the prepared dish. Flatten and smooth the top with the spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for a creamier spreadable cheese, or 40-45 minutes for a thicker/harder cheese.