This creamy vegan taco pasta with black beans is an easy and healthy weeknight dinner. Pasta is cooked in enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, and peppers and then tossed with yogurt for a delightfully creamy sauce. This one-pot dinner recipe will quickly become your new favorite meal!
One-Pot Creamy Taco Pasta with Black Beans [Vegan]
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup enchilada sauce or one 10-ounce can
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta such as penne, ziti, etc; gluten-free if necessary
- 2 cups black beans or one 15-ounce can
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, optional
- 1 tomato diced, optional
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat a couple of tablespoons of water over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the uncooked pasta, enchilada sauce, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is tender. Add the black beans during the last couple minutes to heat through.
- Add the yogurt to the pasta and stir to thoroughly combine. Top with diced avocado, tomatoes, and cilantro if desired. Enjoy!