Pumpkins contain an array of vitamins and nutrients that are wonderfully nourishing for our bodies. And what better way to enjoy all of the benefits that pumpkins have to offer than with a delicious pumpkin pie! This raw dessert has a date-almond-oat crust which is then filled with a mixture of pumpkin, banana, almond milk, coconut butter, and plenty of warming spices. The result is a gorgeous dessert that you don't even have to turn on the oven for – win!
No-Bake Pumpkin Date Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 4 dates, soaked and pitted
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of salt
For the Filling:
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 5 dates, soaked
- 1/2 of 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- A dash of salt
To Make the Crust:
- Process dates, almonds, oats, coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon in the food processor with an S-Blade and process until combined, forming a dough.
- Add shredded coconut to the food processor at the last few seconds until combined.
- Line the bottom of a 4-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Firmly press dough into the pan forming a deep dish crust covering the entire pan.
- Place the spring-form pan in the freezer to set while making the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Peel pumpkin with a sharp knife, cut in four squares, remove innards and seeds with a spoon, and cut into cubes.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove crust from freezer and fill crust with pumpkin pie filling.
- Serve right away for place back in freezer for 15 minutes to set.