No oven? No problem! These lemon bars are simple and even more yum!
No-Bake Lemon Bars [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Almonds toasted
- Salt pinch
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Agave
- 5 tablespoons Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter melted
For the Lemon Filling:
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Agar
- 1 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2/3 cup Lemon Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest from
- 1 teaspoon Pure Lemon Extract
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor then press firmly into the bottom of a parchment paper lined
- Combine the arrowroot and the milk and whisk smooth
- Whisk the agar with the water in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar, tumeric, lemon juice & lemon zest and whisk smooth
- Next add the milk/ arrowroot mixture and bring back to a boil.
- Once it starts to bubble lightly remove from the heat, no need to boil for a longer time.
- Add the lemon extract and then pour into the frozen crust gently and then refrigerate to set.
- One it has set to firm cut into bars and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and optional raspberries
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile