This coconut pear tart is truly delicious. It’s quick to prepare as no baking is required and the resulting flavors are subtle, yet indulgent. You'll be very tempted to go back for a second slice.
No-Bake Coconut Pear Cream Tart [Vegan]
- 21.16 ounces of silken tofu
- 2 ripe pears, cored, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 ripe pears
- Juice of half a lemon
- A few walnuts, chopped
- Drain the silken tofu and add to the bowl of a food processor. Add the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, ground cardamom, and the pears. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the tofu mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the chia seeds and the unsweetened coconut flakes. Stir to combine. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. The chia seeds are famous for absorbing liquid, which will result in a thicker tart filling.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tart crust. In a clean food processor, combine the walnuts, dates, quick oats, unsweetened coconut flakes, and maple syrup. Process until you get a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the walnut mixture to a pie plate. With clean hands, press it down into the plate.
- Core the pears and slice lengthwise. Drizzle with some lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Pour the tart filling into the crust and flatten the surface with a scraping spatula. Decorate the tart with the pear slices.