Layered No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are chewy, thick, decadent and also happen to be vegan and gluten-free! The perfect treat. This chocolate peanut butter oat bar is ridiculous. Like, ridiculous! It’s kind of got a salty-sweet vibe going for it.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter - Conventional or natural
- Lightly grease a 9x9 inch square pan and set aside. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Slowly stir in coconut cream, coconut sugar, vanilla and sea salt. Continue until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Lower heat and mix in the quick oats and shredded coconut. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Press half of oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside the other half of the portion for the topping.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently until well combined. Pour the chocolate/peanut butter over the oat mixture in the pan, and spread evenly.
- Using your hands, crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the chocolate/peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.