Mu Ssam is a Korean dish that is traditionally served on special occasions because it's so elegant ad beautiful but, these mini wraps do take a bit of time to prepare. This delightful finger food is crunchy, refreshing, and tangy. It's perfect to start or finish a heavy meal as its light, sharp flavor makes for the perfect palate cleanser.
Mu Ssam: Korean White Radish Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mu Ssam: Korean White Radish Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Korean radishes, as needed
- Carrots, as needed
- Cucumber, as needed
- Ginger, as needed
- Vinegar, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- Sugar, as needed
How to Prepare Mu Ssam: Korean White Radish Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- After slicing the radish very thinly, soak them in a sweet and sour pickling liquid (you can make this pickling liquid to taste) made of vinegar, salt, and sugar. This softens the radish for easier rolling and gives it a tangy flavor. Side note, if you can’t find Korean radish, it’s okay to use radishes from your local grocery store. Just find one that’s big and round enough, so when cut, it can be used as a wrapper.
- Julienned carrots, cucumbers, and ginger are soaked in the same liquid.
- Place these vegetables on the slice of radish and roll them up in the radish wrapper.
- Before serving, a mix small amount of wasabi and water together and drizzle it over the wraps to balance the acidity and to add a little heat.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 79 | Total Carbs: 14 g | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Protein: 3 g | Total Sodium: 74 g | Total Sugar: 7 g Calculation used 1 Korean radish, 1 large carrot, 1/2 cucumber, and 1-inch piece of fresh ginger. Does not include salt, sugar, or vinegar.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.