I can’t say enough good things about these bad girls. Lemon and lavender together is like PB&J. It just WORKS SO WELL. I vowed to only eat one, and then I ate three. So then I brought the remaining ones to work to get them the hell out of my house, and then I ate one for breakfast at my desk. So…so much for that. I’m super happy this actually worked too, because I just kinda dumped things into a bowl and prayed for the best. Rest assured, they work… REALLY WORK.
Mini Lemon Lavender Bundt Cakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- Zest 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbs lavender syrup
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp lavender
- 1 drop water
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt – set aside
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy (I used my hand mixer)
- Add zest from 1 lemon, lavender syrup, and almond milk – mix well
- Add juice from 1 lemon as well as dry mix, and continue to mix with hand-mixer – batter is done! Easy, right?
- Add batter to your mini bundt cake mold (I used a silicone mold, which you will need to place on a cookie sheet before filling to keep from getting everywhere)
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, or until golden – cool for 10 minutes before glaze
- To make glaze, just add sugar, lavender, and water – add more or less water as needed, but seriously… just a drop or two people!
- Okay – now eat your heart out!