If you're craving a hearty and well-seasoned vegan burger, this is the one for you! Made with brown rice and lentils, this is a protein-rich patty that you can rest assured will not fall apart. Topped with spicy Harissa sauce, this burger has some serious Moroccan flair.
Mini Brown Rice Lentil Burgers With Harissa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mini Brown Rice Lentil Burgers With Harissa [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- Oil, for pan frying
- Burger buns of your choice
How to Prepare Mini Brown Rice Lentil Burgers With Harissa [Vegan]
- Boil the green lentils and the brown rice in 4 cups of water with a little salt. Drain the water when the lentils and the rice is soft.
- Grind them in a food processor with the nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, baking powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Shape the dough into patties and cook them in a frying pan over medium heat. Flip over to make sure you have a nice crust on both sides.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.