If you're craving a hearty and well-seasoned vegan burger, this is the one for you! Made with brown rice and lentils, this is a protein-rich patty that you can rest assured will not fall apart. Topped with spicy Harissa sauce, this burger has some serious Moroccan flair.
Mini Brown Rice Lentil Burgers With Harissa [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- Oil, for pan frying
- Burger buns of your choice
- Boil the green lentils and the brown rice in 4 cups of water with a little salt. Drain the water when the lentils and the rice is soft.
- Grind them in a food processor with the nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, baking powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Shape the dough into patties and cook them in a frying pan over medium heat. Flip over to make sure you have a nice crust on both sides.