Learn how to make delicious Mexican inspired burgers which are packed full of flavor, nutrients and protein. This pinto bean, mixed quinoa burger served with homemade guacamole, fresh green jalappeños, tomato, lettuce, red onion, Mexican spiced salsa, all in a seeded bun is so delicious! They're super quick & easy to make and taste restaurant worthy! These burgers are perfect for a healthy, filling lunch or dinner and would be ideal at a BBQ or event.
Mexican-Inspired Pinto and Quinoa Veggie Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Patties:
- 2 1/3 cup of pinto beans (washed and drained)
- 1 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- 6 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
To Make Sandwich:
- 7 gluten-free burger buns
- Mexican salsa
- Whole green jalappeños
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 7 large tomato slices
- Red onion (finely sliced)
- Pre-heat your oven to 355°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the pinto beans into a bowl and mash.
- Add in the cooked quinoa, tomato paste, onion granules, garlic powder, chili flakes, salt, and mix until fully combined.
- Form into seven patties and roll into the bread crumbs to cover each patty, then place them onto the lined tray.
- Pop the burgers into the oven for 18-20 minutes. Turn them over half way to get an even golden color.
- Once cooked and crispy, put the burgers together. Place lettuce leaves on the bun, add on the burger, then guacamole, jalappeños, tomato slices, onion, salsa, and finish with the bun.