Recently, cauliflower rice has exploded in popularity and it's no surprise why. Riced cauliflower is a delicious alternative for those looking to cut back on grains or even for those who want to get a little more creative with their veggies. Try this easy five-ingredients, two-step Mexican cauliflower rice recipe that puts a flavorful spin on this veggie trend! Topped with black beans, it will definitely keep you full! This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is fantastic!
Mexican Fiesta Cauliflower Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 chili, seeded and cut into small pieces (optional)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Black Beans:
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Put the cauliflower florets in a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until you have rice-like bits.
- Heat a skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the cauliflower rice with garlic and season with salt and pepper. While the florets are frying heat another small skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil, drained black beans, and garlic to the pan.
- When everything is done assemble in bowls, garnish with the chili (optional) and cilantro.