The maple pecan combo is classic for a reason and this nutritious-and-delicious millet porridge is always a hit at my house. Bonus is, it’s super easy to make and packed with micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants), fiber, healthy fats, and plant-based protein.
Maple Pecan Millet [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Maple Pecan Millet [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice (I use a combination of canned coconut milk and pecan or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons pecan butter
- 2 tablespoons Nuzest Clean Lean Smooth Vanilla protein powder
- 3 tablespoons Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- optional add-ins: 1/4 cup diced pecans and/or raisins
- optional toppings: diced pear, granola, chopped nuts, hemp hearts, maple syrup, or toppings of choice
How to Prepare Maple Pecan Millet [Vegan]
- With Instant Pot on sauté setting, add oil and millet and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes until millet is golden brown and has a nutty aroma.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add milk, pecan butter, protein powder, maple syrup, vanilla, maca, cinnamon, and salt. Close and lock lid and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure is released, open lid carefully. Stir in pecans and/or raisins as desired and adjust sweetener to taste. Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.